Saturday, January 17, 2009

Time of Change

It has been interesting to watch the USA elect an African-American for their next President. I remember being in school in the 1960's and hearing about all the drama over segregation in the South. I admire all those who stepped forward and made themselves heard.



I was so lucky to have have been in Canada and in totally desegregated schools for all my school life, and wondered why it was so hard to accomplish that in the USA. This is a memorable time to be alive in history.



I also like the way he has tied the history of President Lincoln into his campaign. I am watching the train ride and remember seeing pictures of the past, that featured dignataries standing on the back platform of trains going by. It was exciting to see Obama do the same thing!

No comments: